Monday, December 7, 2015

Welcome to The GREAT Canadian Comeback

I'm on My Way

"I'm busy thinking about what goals I can handle"

I was a jogger for years, starting back in the early 1970s. I was a dedicated, determined marathoner for over ten years. And after running the Boston Marathon in 2005 I really slowed down. Then stopped. I felt over-tired, my mind went elsewhere and I became more fond of other activities. For instance, motorcycling.

For ten years I gradually became more couch-potato-like, even though I rode an exercise bike and played hockey regularly for several seasons. One day, not too many months ago (shortly after my most recent birthday - mid-September, 2015), and shortly after brushing potato chip crumbs off my messy t-shirt and pants, I made a dramatic decision... to make a right proper comeback in a way that I could properly manage at the time.

I don't know if I'll ever run another marathon but I'm going to do something and it's going to be GREAT! Follow along. Join in. I'm taking the long road back - slow and steady-like.

As posts found in another blog reveal, I've already been busy at it for a couple of months and have been having a positive time.

Please link to Keep Going 11

Photo by GH

No comments:

Post a Comment