Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Steady As She Goes 12

Pleasant Summertime Mode

Hey, it's summertime, life gets busy and the bike and beach beckons

I feel like I am getting back on track after a disjointed, busy month of June. Add in the fact that I own a motorcycle, spend a fair amount of time in a wee wood-working shop from March - November, and am easily distracted, it's a wonder I walk/shuffle/cycle as many miles per month as I do. Thank goodness I have the 'Steady Eddie' gene or else The GREAT Canadian Comeback would fall to the side of the road.

Good cycling*, good temperatures - last night in Springbank Park

July is another month and I feel I am off to a decent start. My left foot needs a bit of rest and repair, so I will cycle and walk/shuffle on alternate days for awhile, and shift to more cycling if the foot continues to cause trouble.

June - By the Numbers:

22 walks/shuffles and rides (1) in 30 days

73.3% GOTD (Get Out The Door rate), my lowest since October, 2015

Average GOTD dropped a notch, as in May, to 89.4%

I covered 118 total miles, 4th lowest in 8 months

Average miles per month lowered to 120.0 (still pretty darn good, however, in my opinion)

I notice too that I have completed 86 of 90 walks in the "Speed Up Man" set, so within the next few days I will set a few goals for the next few months, as per usual.

'Keep on Going, Gord' springs to mind.

Stay tuned.

*Since I can walk a mile in 18 - 20 minutes, I record 20 minutes of cycling as 1 mile on my charts. Last night I cycled for 1HR30MIN = 4.5 mi. in my records.

Please link to Steady As She Goes 11

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment