Wednesday, September 7, 2016

The Transition Zone 11 - Finding My Average

The Year Tells a Tale

I won't stop walking in the 'hood

The date is fast approaching that will mark the one year anniversary of The GREAT Canadian Comeback. Will I serve cake on September 28th? Not likely. But I will reflect on progress made in Year One, from being more couch-potato like to being more physically active on a regular basis.

One thing that has come to mind lately is that I find myself aiming to walk/shuffle/jog at least 25 miles per week. Early on I did not log my miles on a daily or weekly basis but focussed on developing the habit of getting out the door 5 or 6 days per week or 20 - 24 times in a four week period. In that regard I can say I have met with success.

A month or so ago I started calculating the 10-week average for miles covered and though I've only collected a short list of results, the average has been around 25 miles.



For example: 10 Week Average to....

July 30 - 25.68 miles

Aug. 13 - 26.45 miles

Aug. 27 - 26.28 miles

Sept. 3 - 25.40 miles

25 miles seems to be a reasonable target and as long as I shuffle and jog on a regular basis, e.g., 2 - 3 times per week, I should continue to see improvements in my stamina, strength, duration and speed of my jogs. If I get out the door regularly, as in the past year, and log a steady supply of miles (keeping my 10 week average around 25 miles), I should be svelte in a few years!

Still a long road ahead but the view has been awesome so far

Goals - improvements in stamina, strength, duration and speed of my jogs.... and sveltness.

Not bad, not bad at all.

Please link to The Transition Zone 10 - Good Routine

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment