Thursday, September 29, 2016

The Transition Zone 13 - Year Two Begins.

A Long, Positive Routine.


The first year of The GREAT Canadian Comeback began on Sept. 28, 2015 and ended two days ago. I must say, I covered a good number of miles - a few of them in Kingston (above photo) in late August - and feel I established a positive habit of getting out the door for a walk or jog or both on a regular basis, i.e., over 85% of the days of the year.

What does "a good number of miles" mean? It means 1,380 - 1,385 miles as of Sept. 27, 2016. On average, I walked/jogged about 27 miles per week and only suffered a minor setback or two related to an 'over-doing-it' injury.

A few more stats will be forthcoming in a few more days, after a Year Two chart is completed. (You knew there was going to be a chart, right? Possibly laminated!)

Gord on vacation:

 I enjoyed pleasant walk-abouts in Kingston


 I enjoyed pleasant non-walk-abouts too

 Wow. I enjoyed quite a few days of relaxing, with no walking routine

Jim and Gord toured a vineyard in PEI (not a walking tour)

Over the course of the first year I thought about what would be reasonable goals re walking and shuffling and jogging for a guy my height and age (short in stature, long in tooth). Though I am in a transition zone at this time, i.e., trying to cover about 25 miles per week on average, including easy jogging 2 or 3 times per week, I feel I am on the right path.

At this time I don't feel I need to increase my mileage during Year Two. In fact, 24 miles per week (1,248 miles in 52 weeks) might be a very reasonable goal to aim at or shoot for. As usual, now that vacation time is over (September's walking routine took a hit while I relaxed in PEI), I will adjust my goals as months go by. And, barring injury, I believe by the end of October I will be back to my very positive routine.

Year One ends and Year Two begins on a positive note

Please link to The Transition Zone 12 - Vacation Time

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment