Thursday, December 1, 2016

Transition Zone SQ. (4) - A Blank Slate.

We All Gotta Start Somewhere.

Downhill to Downtown.

My walking habit is a pretty solid 'fun and fitness' routine. I keep daily, weekly and monthly records related to the number of times I 'get out the door' (GOTD) and distance travelled. I suppose if I multiplied each mile covered by 20 minutes I'd also know - roughly - how much time I regularly spend WALKN city streets in Old South, in Downtown London and on City Pathways.

But I don't keep that stat.... yet. That being said, I do know that a few of the numbers I collect show a downward trend.

25 walks in November, 106.5 miles. A1

As the last 6 months went by I developed a certain trend, i.e., I aimed to walk and/or jog about 4 miles per outing, and cover about 100 miles per month. Currently, I feel that pace is within my limits for the foreseeable future, whereas earlier, higher numbers (e.g., 144 miles last March, 134 in April) were not. I live and learn.

More Number Crunching:


I walked 25 days out of 30 in November

25/30 is equal to a 'get out the door' (GOTD) rate of 83.33%

My average GOTD rate is 86.64%, and gradually declining from an unsustainable high of 92.9%

I covered 106.5 miles in November - perfectly reasonable - bringing my cumulative monthly average down to 116. I suspect my average will one day settle at around 110 miles/month

My average walk in November was 4.26 miles, a touch lower than my past average. That's AOK by me.... so far

Photos From Along the Way:



December is a blank slate.



Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment