Tuesday, February 14, 2017

WALKN Can Poop You Out.

I Stay Within My Limited Limits.

This guy pushed himself too far. Improper footwear too!

It took me about a year to realize I am quite comfortable walking (and easy jogging) 25 - 30 miles per week, in all kinds of weather. I also like riding my exercise bike, good book in hand, and playing the occasional game of old-timers hockey. All in all, I feel if I complete about a marathon's worth (26.2 miles) of distance per week I am on the right track.

Last winter I developed a sore foot and cut back my mileage. Going 'too far too fast' was likely my problem (my footwear was and is still tops) and with my past marathon experience I recall that problem side-lined a lot of good runners over the years, myself included.

(Who was it said, every week on Hill Street Blues, "Be careful out there?")

I completed 'marathon miles' by Thurs. Feb. 9, took three days off. 

I predict another good week ahead, but I can't say the same for the old guy that I saw flaked out on a bench in Old South.

I said to him, "You pooped out from walking in those boots?"

He said, "I got out of puff just puttin' 'em on!"

I feel the same when I'm putting on my skates. It's not the hockey that's tiring, it's getting out of the dressing room!

: )

Photos From Along the Way:



Final 30 seconds of last week's wee snow blow.

Please link to WALKN Alone in The Wet.

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment