Friday, February 3, 2017

WALKN Miles in 2017 (22).

Breaking Canadian Distance Records!

Long distance walkn runs in the family.

If I keep walkn the way I'm walkn I'll be in the record books some day. (I hope they spell my name right!)

I recorded 130.75 miles in my handy-dandy journal last month and if I keep up that pace I will cover 1,569 miles in 2017. Surely, if the Government of Canada keeps records re when I started contributing to CPP, OAS, Infernal Revenue Service, OHIP and household grocery bills, then they will surely know that 1,569 WALKN miles is some kind of long distance record for Canadian men in my age group (50 - 99 years). Surely!

I better start saving up for new shoes!

Truth be told, I walked farther in January last year but did not keep up that furious pace. However, this year I am stronger and svelter than ever, so if you're in my age group.... watch out!

February started with two five-milers, including bikn and hockeyn.

I should bone up on suitable answers to inevitable interviews for the CBC and local news.

Peter Mansbridge: So, Gord, what's the secret to your success?

GH: Well, Peter, I put it down to good genes - speaking of athletic ability and determined attitude - and I find walking satisfying and very convenient. I mean, you just go outside.

Good genes. Just look at them sturdy legs. Photo 1959 (Norwich)

PM: And it keeps you from going to seed?

GH: Yeah, that too. 


Yup, Peter and I will have lots to talk about.

See you out there on them trails and walkways!

Please link to WALKN Miles in 2017 (21).

[Gord also covers great distances at 1000 Men, 1000 Stories and creates a lot of dust in The Workshop]

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment