Saturday, May 27, 2017

Hockey and Hops.

Small Harvest in Harris Park.


I covered 5.5 miles the night before last while listening to an NHL Stanley Cup semi-final game and I noticed the hockey commentary influenced my pace. I marched along briskly as if I was heading toward the net with a puck on my stick. I 'stepped lively' to be sure.

Final results: Pittsburg wins; Harrison, no score.

On my way through Harris Park on the way home I stopped to look at small hop plants that were planted - under the cover of darkness, I believe, last spring - at the base of several light standards. Two plants survive, but they are struggling in my opinion, compared to the healthy batch I have in my backyard.

Photos from along the way:






Please link to Lovely Five-Miler.

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment