Monday, October 23, 2017

Feeling Some Pressure (8).

Putting the Race into My Legs.

[Photo: Two fellows are done, gearing down. I'm gearing up]

This past Saturday, one week before my second and last road race• of the year, I ran 10 kilometres on the Terry Fox Pathway in order to give myself a bit of confidence.

[Photo: On Saturday I ran the race distance. Felt good.]

And while two canoeists in The Thames River finished their paddling work in Harris Park recently, I finished a hilly five-miler to add to my small collection of 4 - 6 mile runs in preparation for Saturday evening, October 28. At the end of every run I feel like another solid piece of the race has been put into my legs.

Photos from along the way:

 I aim for the hilly bits in order to put hills into my legs : )


I really like this picture. I'm not sure if Electric Dan feels the same! : )

*Running events are often called road races, but - just be be clear - I won't be racing with or against anyone. I'll run slow and steady, within my limits, somewhere near the end of the parade. But, not at the very end of the parade, because we all know what the guy at the end of the parade has to do!!

More to follow.


Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment