Thursday, August 31, 2017

Another Breakthrough Week (1).

Smoother Running.

[Photo: It's all down hill from here, i.e., Harris Park]

Evenings are now getting darker earlier, thanks to - in part - the tilt of Earth and where I live on the planet. Fortunately, Harris Park and other parts of my usual walking/running route are well lit and I can make my way out and back without incident.

Incidentally, as the nights darken I feel I am running smoother and faster than in the recent past and I think I will be able to run a 5 Km. road race with confidence in early October. (More about that and why I need more T-shirts, at a later date).

 Run 9, on Aug. 22, was "steady as she goes". Smooth and svelte too!

As well as smoother and faster, the number and length of my walking breaks is declining as my stamina, strength and speed gradually increase. I still have not covered 5 Km. without stopping but I know the time is approaching when I will be able to do so comfortably. Sometime in September I will likely experience that breakthrough. : )

More photos from along the way:

 I pass Blackfriars Bridge on my way back home.

 I completed easy laps on a track in Lindsay last weekend.

 My ten-week average for mileage is holding steady

 I'll make a splash in September - with steady miles and more laps

My September goals will eclipse my summer results.

Is another breakthrough week on the horizon?

We shall see what we shall see.

Please link to This is a Breakthrough Week.

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment