Thursday, August 17, 2017

More Miles in Winter.

Close the Workshop?

[Photo: Terry Fox Pathway, Nov. 16, 2016]

According to my records, I walk and run more miles during winter months. Reasons vary. The workshop is open from spring to fall, my motorcycle is in storage from November to April, and if I didn't walk about 1,000 miles from January to March every year I'd weigh 200 pounds.

Yes, I love hot turkey sandwiches that much!

So, in summer, what with numerous pleasant distractions (e.g., my Yamaha starts up first time, every time, when it's warm out), my weekly mileage related to The GREAT Canadian Comeback may fall.

 After  a lazy Sunday I had two good runs

 Muskoka holiday (Aug. 7 - 11) didn't include running on Highway 141

Weekly mileage is dropping. Wait 'til November!

That being said, I run more frequently during summer months and - gotta say - I'll likely have a pretty smooth, strong stride by October, a month in which I plan to run two races at top speed*.

Sure, I could close The Workshop and have more hours in the day for running, but I can't see that happening for another ten years.

* To observers I'll look like Average Joe at the finish line. But, after a 12-year hiatus from races, any steady pace for 10K will feel pretty darn good. 

Photos from along the way:

 Heading north through Harris Park to my Baldwin Flats 'turn around'


 What comes after a 10K road race? A halfer?


Please link to Where Did July Go?

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment