Thursday, October 12, 2017

Feeling Some Pressure (5).

Slow and Steady Plus.

[Photo: Blackfriars Bridge is shut down for a year. I'm not]

Having a target helps with motivation. And my target is Saturday, October 28.

On that day I hope to run a timed 10 kilometre road race - Steady Eddie-style - in 64 minutes. And to do that I must keep the pressure on, i.e., cover good mileage for the next three weeks, aim for more hills than usual, complete distances from 4 - 6 miles without stopping (if possible*) at least twice per week, and enjoy easy walks on alternate days to keep from over doing it (and prevent injuries).

Sounds like a lot to remember but my schedule is basically, "Run one day, walk the next. Repeat."

My out and back route to Gibbons Park is 'plenty hilly'**

Photos from along the way:

 Hey, I can handle 5 miles, as long as it's easy goin'

 Last week's average (of the last ten weeks) is solid.

 My qualifying time for Boston Marathon is now 4hr.10min.
Hmmmmmmm....

 Hmmmm. Why am I thinking about the Boston Marathon?

I'd better keep my mind on 10-kilometre runs in Canada!

The GREAT Canadian Comeback, now two years old, is firmly underway. I look forward to a good finish to 2017 and the setting of a few reasonable goals in 2018.

Boston? Forget about it!!

* I stop for 1 or 2 water breaks and Comfort Stations only. Oh, and the odd photo : )
** There is a lovely hill behind Eldon House, connected to Harris Park. Grosvenor St., beginning in Gibbons Park, is even steeper. Blackfriars Bridge is connected to hilly bits as well. Pick a hill. "Run up and down slowly. Repeat."

Please link to Feeling Some Pressure (4).

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment