Friday, January 26, 2018

Hold Steady 11.

60% + 25% = 85% Total... Right? Eh?

[Photo: Pathway is clean enough for my first run of 2018!]

A couple of my goals for the winter months follow:

Hold Steady for 125 outings.

Keep my running stamina around the 6 mile mark.

Well, let's just say.... that second goal flew out the window when the trails and sidewalks got really icy and the temperatures got really cold and I got as lazy as a slug.

Last 2 days - HS 73 and 74 - two 5-mile walks on Terry Fox Pathway

That being said, today I plan to run a 5-miler on T. Fox Path, first run (I believe) since a trip to Chicago last November. I will record the outing as Hold Steady (HS) 75 and push my miles for the week to 31. Not bad, I say.

A third goal for the winter months follows: 

Begin a minor league sit-up, push-up, and stretching routine, and work toward 1000 of each. 

Hey, I am now in the habit of completing a few sit-ups, etc., before my morning coffee and computer time, a dozen of each exercise. Thumbs up, I say.

By the numbers, my routines are looking pretty good. Good mileage in January may set the stage for easy running in February.

HS75 will complete 60% of the winter walks/runs. And 250 sit-ups, push-ups, etc. completes 25% of my 'extra exercise' goal. So, 85% ain't bad, eh!! 

(Wonky Math makes me feel better : )

Some photos from along the way:



Yes, I keep a very detailed account, as usual.



Water levels are good too. Port Bruce, Nov. 28, 2017.

Please link to Hold Steady 10.

Photos GH.

No comments:

Post a Comment