Saturday, January 27, 2018

Hold Steady 12.

First Run Since Dec. 5, 2017. Smoooooth : )

[Photo: I tip my hat to those who run all winter]

In the past, e.g., 1995 - 2006, when training for marathons I would run 12 months of the year. And when spring arrived many local runners, myself included, would be well on the way in preparation for Hamilton's "Around the Bay 30K" road race held in late March. A May marathon would often be coming up next on our running charts, and we believed if we ran well in Hamilton we would likely have a good marathon time two months later.

That was then. Now I am more comfortable as a seasonal runner, skipping the winter months and getting more serious when warm weather becomes the norm.

Speaking of Norm. I think he passed me yesterday on the Terry Fox Pathway while I was doing my first 5-miler (walking/jogging) since early December. My steady walking habit this winter prepared me quite well for a nice and easy shuffle.

Why, I almost looked svelte out there!

Norm, ahead, inspired me to keep running all the way to Wharncliffe.

I don't know if one successful, smooooth 'walkajog' will motivate me to do more, but I enjoyed dressing light yesterday, shufflin' along, feeling a breeze blow through what's left of my hair.

So, we shall see what we shall see.

 Sunny day in London on a clean path. Running made easy.

I strike a thoughtful pose. "Go slow, enjoy the view."

Please link to Hold Steady 11.

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment