Friday, March 2, 2018

Hold Steady 15.

Running Down, Miles Up.

[Photo: Maintaining 'peace o mind' as warmer weather nears]

I'm not jumping up and down upon my head just because I'm not doing any running this winter. I'm doing lots of walking instead. I know, I wanted to run half the time and keep my 'run stamina' in the 6-mile or 10-kilometre range BUT I don't like running - even slowly, which is my usual speed - on snowy or icy surfaces. AND I'm not going to return to treadmill running at a local YMCA in order to achieve that one goal.

Fussy, eh?! 

I'm holding steady in other areas so once warmer weather arrives and paths are clear I will adapt to slow, steady running and be ready for a 10-Km. run by late May or early June - without any difficulty.

 Trails in Lindsay follow a rail line north to Fenelon Falls. Excellent!

 Pigeons are building nests under a bridge inside Lindsay

Scugog River passes by Old Mill Park near downtown Lindsay

 Lots of good walking in Lindsay, most under blue and sunny skies.

 Excellent mileage during 25 walks in 28 days. Steady Eddie.

Weekly average is holding steady.

More photos from along the way:










Hopefully I will see you out there.

Please link to Hold Steady 14.

Photos GH.

No comments:

Post a Comment